Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
i knew this thread felt familiar
i made the old one 5 years ago lol

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
and for future reference in the 3.0 version of this thread on 2026, i meant small and big journal pontiacs.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I'll start out with the boring : turbo LS in my car and my son has a World Products Motown LS (turbo of course) in his. The Motown LS creates alot of questions when the hood gets opened. Friebergur even called it an LS at Drag Week until ..... he was corrected. Then interesting conversation developed.

Regarding Snowmageddon (like the title ;) ) - I've watched too many videos of burst pipes and 'horror' stories of trying to survive temps in the teens when you're in a home/apartment - is that for real or just the usual media hyped up garbage? I ask, because if this is the life and death crisis described by the media, then Texas residents have fallen on my evolutionary chain of intelligence. Lack of water, yup, that sucks and is a dilemma. But freezing to death in a house at 15 degrees ...... hmmmm......left me shaking my head. Then I realized the source was our over dramaticizing media and I hoped it was just hype
I don't know of anyone who froze to death, but the media wasn't too far off on a lot of stuff. On an open forum like this I'll just say that I have lived in 4 states starting in the Detroit area and ending here. I've never seen anything like a Texans response to a little weather. Overreaction is the norm, and our infrastructure is some of the worst I've been subjected to.

• Informative
Sep 30, 2020
I'll start out with the boring : turbo LS in my car and my son has a World Products Motown LS (turbo of course) in his. The Motown LS creates alot of questions when the hood gets opened. Friebergur even called it an LS at Drag Week until ..... he was corrected. Then interesting conversation developed.

Regarding Snowmageddon (like the title ;) ) - I've watched too many videos of burst pipes and 'horror' stories of trying to survive temps in the teens when you're in a home/apartment - is that for real or just the usual media hyped up garbage? I ask, because if this is the life and death crisis described by the media, then Texas residents have fallen on my evolutionary chain of intelligence. Lack of water, yup, that sucks and is a dilemma. But freezing to death in a house at 15 degrees ...... hmmmm......left me shaking my head. Then I realized the source was our over dramaticizing media and I hoped it was just hype.
Please stick to comments about G bodies. We can go elsewhere for political crap.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
I'm running a 1965 block small journal 327, bored .040 with Keith Black pistons, balanced, Dart Iron Eagle heads, L79 cam, Holley intake, Edelbrock carb, Hedman Headers. It's fun!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Exactly... Geez...
The 301 is actually the same deck height as the 303 that almost became a thing. I love my 301. I'm planning a build. I'll post it when it happens. Won't be any cheaper than a regular Pontiac build but I like the mileage of a small displacement motor since I DD my car.
I replaced my 301 with a Pontiac 400/200-4r/ 3.73 combo. Fun car and decent mileage. Also, my other g body has a Buick 455 / switch pitch 400/ 3.89 rear. This is a real fun car as well

Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm running a 1965 block small journal 327, bored .040 with Keith Black pistons, balanced, Dart Iron Eagle heads, L79 cam, Holley intake, Edelbrock carb, Hedman Headers. It's fun!!!
The 327 with an L79 cam is not a bad setup at all. 'Snotty and wants to run' - your heads and headers help as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Merlin1952

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern N.C.
JerRol; I would love to hear that engine idling I bet it sounds awesome. You guys should post up videos of your cars with then idling and sounding good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor