What muffler(s) are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im running hooker competition full length headers with 3" pipe and 40 series flowmasters dumped underneath before the rear axle on a SBC. Very loud, but thats how I want it, pretty soon though it will be headers--nascar boomtubes...no mufflers, just the side exit nascar exhaust.

86Cutlass383SR said:
I've petty much decided on the Borla Pro XS with a Pypes 2.5" X-pipe when I get to that point. I don't have a sound clip yet but I'll try and get one when I get it done. Judging on the one's I've heard on Youtube, they sound good. Fairly quiet at idle and cruise, but open up nicely at WOT. Look to your right, you see that engine pic there? That's the current condition of my engine ...

I have the same mufflers and i'm going with a 2.5" x pipe as well. Hopefully i can get the work done this weekend but i'm looking for my electric cutout the be shipped to me. Just curious what sound clips have you heard with the Borla Pro XS mufflers.

Great clips Andrew! Hugh difference both sound great but you can tell by sound which one not to mess with. :twisted: Agreed compression & cam being the biggest difference.

uneek1976 said:
86Cutlass383SR said:
I've petty much decided on the Borla Pro XS with a Pypes 2.5" X-pipe when I get to that point.

I have the same mufflers and i'm going with a 2.5" x pipe as well. Hopefully i can get the work done this weekend but i'm looking for my electric cutout the be shipped to me. Just curious what sound clips have you heard with the Borla Pro XS mufflers.

These are the same car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5UUnSM4rdQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAhgW1dW-Dc

My mufflers are here but just not installed yet. 😢
1274900509545.jpg

1274900578440.jpg

1274900532669.jpg

uneek1976 those are nice...

I'll be glad when my project gets far enough along to get mine...

I've got a pretty much original exhaust system but it does have 50 series flowmasters on it. If you're not looking for a racing exhaust system then you can't beat flowmasters. They are quieter than the 40 series but the baffle sounds amazing during take off. If it were my choice than I would have gone with the 40s but that's what came on the car when I bought it.

Im looking for a muffler that will flow nicely but will be very quiet as I am going to have electric cutouts. When I'm just cruisin I want it to be a mystery whats under the hood.

I use welded Thrush 2-chambers. They are cheaper than flowmasters and they sound the same way. I have a big cam and they sound awesome if i can figure out how to put a sound byte on here i will let everyone listen.

whasshup said:
Im looking for a muffler that will flow nicely but will be very quiet as I am going to have electric cutouts. When I'm just cruisin I want it to be a mystery whats under the hood.

I hove Walker's. They are quietish until you get on the gas. I love the way they sound. I think they would do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor