What"s in the F41 firm ride and handling package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoutlaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
Chicopee, MA
:twisted: So exactly what does the F41 package consist of? So far I know it has the stiff front and rear swaybars, stiffer springs, and the quick ratio steering gearbox. Do I have this right?

Thanks man. So here is the list.

F41 parts list for newbies:
Stiffer front and rear sway bars
Stiffer springs
Quick ratio steering gearbox
Extra frame bracing.

I have this package I just wanted know this so if I come across 1 in the j-yard I know all the parts I should take off. Thanks again.

The standard front anti-swaybar is around 7/8" the F-41 bar is 1-1/4" in diameter. If you have a 605 circle top steering box and plan on upgrading to the 4-bolt top 800 box you will the need Pitman arm as well. There was also a 800 box with 3.5 Turns lock to lock, its not the F-41 box.
The rear anti-sway bar will require the lower control arm inserts to install properly.
As for springs buy new ones

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
JWO nailed it. The g-body front spring rate is normally 346lbs/inch. Which was extremely soft when new let alone now. The GN/442/MCSS rate is 420 much better. Moog 5658 or 5660 rated at 579 & 639 respectively is often used as they are stiffer but not 3/4 ton pick up truck stiff. Actually I believe they were used on S-10 pickups. They have a 1/4" lower ride height than the factory spring g-body springs.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor