what shock do you guys use on your ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one for Bilstiens here. But I've never tried anything more expensive.

M.Bailey said:
afco is what i run. they r a race shock and dont last very long 20k max

I have Afco's and it's year two on them with no issues..I tried KYB gas-a-bust before the Afco and blew the front ones out in about 6 months..

dont get me worng i love my afcos. i only have like 23,000 on the car since they were put on 5 years ago and they r almost completely toast. I"m gonn go back with the same shock they do a fantastic job

M.Bailey said:
dont get me worng i love my afcos. i only have like 23,000 on the car since they were put on 5 years ago and they r almost completely toast. I"m gonn go back with the same shock they do a fantastic job

they are great shocks and worth more than the price as far as I'm concerned. You can't find any other shock close to their price range where you have an option of what valve you want. I wonder if time is a factor since I have more mileage on mine than yours but they are around 2 years old...

I run KYB Gas-adjust shocks. I think they're a great shock for the money, but they seem to last a long time. I had them in my car for over 20 yrs. I've used KYB's a VW bus, and a '71 Buick Skylark. I have used Koni's and Bilstein's in my Porsche.
I've always liked the ride quality of the Bilsteins.

*pbngem, I remember Crystalite Engineeering. They dealt mainly in El Camino performance suspension and upgrade parts. I think they were way ahead of their time.

the time could be a factor the car does sit in the shop so the load isnt taken off at all but i dont know if there is a load on then when they r static, i guess there would be. regardless they r bad *ss 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor