What should I offer for this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Blake, I just put some pics in my album of the wagon.

I only took two pix.

Interior is gray. And in very good shape. Still don't think it's worth more than $1500 or so. That would be top dollar. IF IT RUNS OUT GOOD. Haven't heard it run yet, or drove it.

Thanks for your input, gentlemen. We are on the same boat.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
get a couple of your friends independently go a couple of days apart and check out the car real good to take up as much of the guys time as possible and then low ball the offer...that might help you to get a better deal and when you do go make an offer bring a hot flirty chick with you...and hope the guy's not gay...

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
look around other places then where you live. might be worth driving 8-10 hours if you can find something wroth while. I picked up a 80 bu wagon a few months ago for a price people would cry about. and it was 24 hours away. ship it or go get it your self. the internet is a great friend. most people that are selling cars have to problems taking pictures of what ever you want with in reason. Make sure you get the title faxed to you so you can see if it's clear before sending money.

There out there just have to find them :)

Goodluck man.

Attachments

• 2010-01-11%2007.26.07.jpg
    2010-01-11%2007.26.07.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 1,167

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
pontiacgp said:
get a couple of your friends independently go a couple of days apart and check out the car real good to take up as much of the guys time as possible and then low ball the offer...that might help you to get a better deal and when you do go make an offer bring a hot flirty chick with you...and hope the guy's not gay...
Nice! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Well, it has been a couple of weeks since I put up the first post about this.

Just got my bonus from work, and called the guy to see where his heart was, and if he would give me a starting point on the price. I ended up dealing and getting the price to where I was agreeable with. We jumped the battery, and primed the carb, and it fired up just as good as I can imagine it couold be. No ticks, rattles, noises of any kind.

The interior is in 95% great shape. A couple trim pieces (pillars) look a little wore (rough feel) but other than that a vacuum is all it needs as far as I saw.

Looked under to check for rust. Looked to be in great shape as well. Have some small patches of surface rust in the rear doors (at bottom, towards front inside of doors. Nothing bad.

Has the 3.8, with the 3 speed auto. Dash has no cracks. Door panels look great.

I am a little confused by the interior a olittle bit though.
The dash is dark grey, while the rest of the interior is a light cream color. Carpet is sort of in between the two.
Should the dash and rest of the panels be the same? I figure they should, like maybe someone changed the dash.....either way it is in GREAT shape.
I test drove it and other than flat spots on the tires from sitting it rode and drove nice and tight.

It does appear to be F41 equipped. Has the front bracing upper and lower. Didn't check for the sway bars, but I will tomorrow when I pick it up. Some pix just posted in my gallery. More to come.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks nice!

The darker dash and lighter interior is the way it rolled off the assembly line.

Every Cutlass I've ever seen has had the front jounce bars.
A rear sway bar will be the tell-tale if it has the F41 package, which I kind of doubt it will.

Take more pictures for us when you get it home! :banana:

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
I have learned a lot about the Salon, adn Cutlasses in general, mainly from you guys.

Now it seems I have a new learning curve to tackle with the wagon.........

Should have it before lunchtime, EDT.

Really excited.....

Pics will follow, after I wash and wax it today (hopefully).

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you check the steering lock to lock and it's 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 turns it's a good indication it has the F41 package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor