What size wheel adapters are needed to run 22inch 3pce 22x11

Status
Not open for further replies.

prez ken

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2010
i sold my 7 series BMW and plan to put the rims i had on there on my GN the wheels are 22x9.5 and 22x11 the lug nut pattern is the same but i would like to know what size adapters i would need bcuz of the offset in the rear so they do not touch the frame. anyone else used a set of rims off a 7 series?

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Re: What size wheel adapters are needed to run 22inch 3pce 2

i dont have much of an ansre for you but the offset will be a huge impact as well as im not sure if anything that wide could work on a stock suspension setup

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY

I hate to burst your bubble, but youll need more than adapters. With a wheel that wide and the offset youll find yourself more than likely (99.9% possibility) need a frame notch and a mini tub. Lot more work than just throwing on a set of adapters.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA

mkiiisupra said:
I hate to burst your bubble, but youll need more than adapters. With a wheel that wide and the offset youll find yourself more than likely (99.9% possibility) need a frame notch and a mini tub. Lot more work than just throwing on a set of adapters.

^^^^ x2 what he said.

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee

It is my understanding 20x9 with 3/8 spacers is the largest wheel you can put on a Gbody, even with rubberband tires. I don't see these babies going on without some modifications.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

Not to piss off any of the "Donkers" on here.............. These car look like sh*t with these biga$$ wheels on them...JMO

prez ken

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2010

so i guess none of the members have seen this done before, which i have...my GN is stock with new shocks and stiff stock coils, and i have search and seen BMW wheels being used with adapters on the rear and no frame notching so im sure somebody out there will know what size, but thanks for ur replys

cuttysalon86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2008
new haven,ct

i put 22x9.5 with 255/30/22 tires on my previous cuttlass salon i used a 2 inch adapter on the rear none on the front.
i did have to roll the the lips the offset of the rims where a +15 the rims came off a x5.i didnt really need a 2 inch adapter,
i sold the car but there are pictures of the car still in my gallery,also that car was not lifted,stock 126k mile springs with new shocks.i just got some 22x9.5 with 245/30/22 tire on my regal turbo t.i put them on with a 1/4 inch spacer but i am
going to used 1.25 hub centric adapters on the rear this time.these rims have a +10 off set.i have seen other g bodys with
staggered 22's.

prez ken

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2010

thanks ...yeah my rims are staggered and i hear the 22x11 needs a spacer/adapter in the rear ...i know some notch the frame but i'll try the adapters/spacers first to see

cuttysalon86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2008
new haven,ct

if you use spacers get longer studs,stock studs are 41.1mm ,here are some part numbers for longer studs but i would not
use a spacer thicker than a 1/2 inch after that go with a 1 1/4 adapter with a 5x4.75 on 5x120 bolt pattern ,and get the fender lips rolled.part # 610-416 52.2mm long,610-323 54mm long,610-427 55.3 long these will work with a 1/2 spacer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor