what springs for a 1" to 2" front lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
i want to lift my ride about 1 to 2" in the front. does anybody make some have duty lift springs for a 83 cutlass supreme?

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
U could go through a coil spring spec book until u found what u were looking for. Most reputable parts stores will have them. I've also seen spacers used. Me? I won't do it. Factory springs are hard enough to install, a taller spring will be even worse. Not to mention the suspension geometry will suck and won't handle. So expect to lose some cornering capability.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
I've got a set, but I don't know what they are actually for

Hi,

I have a set pf front springs that raised the front of my Grand Prix 1-2 inches. I got them on a parts car that was being preped for circle track. I do not know what they are originally from. I switched to 4x4 s-10 springs to lower the car.

If you are interested in the set I have let me know. I would love to trade them for something.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Stoopud

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
how big of rims are trying to fit ? i used these spacer that you put on a ratchet stick it in the spring and twist and it snaps it in place raised my regal enough to fit 20s and i have a sbc with v6 springs . youll need diferent ones for the rear cause the coils are farther apart . i know caprice springs will raise and stiffen the rear or you can use air shocks

Pounder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2007
Ontario
I put new heavy duty v8 coils in the front and new coils in back of my 87 cutlass. With a good set of shocks all around, my car sits about 2inches higher on the front and back. Changing over to aluminum intake and heads on my 350 really lightened the load. Its been 3yrs now and still is sitting nice and high. Front tires are 215/60/15's and rears are 295/60/15 and there is still lots of space.

Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor