what trans do i have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i have a 87 cutlass supreme with a 3speed but no overdrive and i was wondering what trans i have cause i gota get it rebuilt and reverse is gone ....any sugestions help thanks-chris

chriscutlass said:
hi all i have a 87 cutlass supreme with a 3speed but no overdrive and i was wondering what trans i have cause i gota get it rebuilt and reverse is gone ....any sugestions help thanks-chris

Most likely a 200. Does it say "METRIC" on the pan? If not, it's most likely a 350.

THANK YOU.............I found out its a t350 .....but it turns out i need to rebuild it cause i was tryin to move the car earlyer today and reverse was not working so i got under it just now and the pan is squareish and dont have metric stamed into it but the pan is smashed the f... outa it from previous owner....damn... this is awsome tho cause i also have a posi rear with 3.73 gears🙂 cant wait to get this b*tch on the road and smoke them old white walls 🙂)

TH350's are easy to rebuild yourself. Decent kits can be found on Ebay. As well as instructional DVD's (that's how I learned how) You don't really need any special tools. It will also save you A LOT of money doing it yourself. While your in there, maybe install a shift kit.

Check out these guys: http://stores.ebay.com/Oregon-Performance-Transmission?_rdc=1 That's where I got my parts and I was VERY happy with the price and quality.
:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor