Status
Not open for further replies.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
megaladon6 said:
...what does an '81 count as?

81 is technically still part of the A-body special group, even though it was the first year of the new body styles.

axisg said:
83 & 84 SS came with the TH200 lockup trans as well :)

All 83/84 SS came with a TH350c transmission. The TH200c was available on the SC's though.

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Lock up TH350's not 200's. I do stand corrected 85ss. I was going off my memory of the book. I looked it up now. :oops:

The 83 SS was really a prototype so to speak, just so the body design was legal for NASCAR. Turned out it was such a hit GM decided to make more of them & introduce options to the mix.

See, before I got my Cutlass I was a fanatic of the 83-88 SS. I had two of them in fact. Both 85's, one Maroon & one Silver. I too can recite pretty much any & all items about those cars. With the occasional F-up. LOL!!

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
82355supreme said:
...I too can recite pretty much any & all items about those cars. With the occasional F-up. LOL!!

LOL, it's funny how much info a person can retain about a car and it's options - your list was bang on for the most part! 8) Sounds like the book you have is pretty darn accurate too - most of the time, books like that are full of errors which confuse the heck out of everyone.

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Yes it's a darn good book. I'd recommend it to any Chevy nut. It is completely factual & even states some once rumored items as fact. Just one example is the all aluminum 427 in 69-70 'Vettes. The book outright admits the true H.P. was well in excess of 500 horse, however they were rated at 435. Another is how the '87 Vette power numbers were fudged so as not to be outdone by the menace in BLACK. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor