what'll it run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
hmmmm......If I were to guess I would say somewhere between
[email protected] but you were cranking up Foghat - Slow ride on the radio as the lights were turning
[email protected] with cat like reflexes and Hydro-matic like shift response

I think we should all place bets lol

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
i thought everybody listened to deathmetal when they raced??????? maybe thats just me... :wink:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ok i got some more info, its got a th350 transmission, electric rad. fan and no a/c or power steering. the rear tires are 15x8 28" tall and stock 14x6 up front. also i forgeot to mention tube headers and edilbrock alum performer intake manifold.

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
You could always get a digital 1/4 mile g-force test units. I've heard they're pretty accurate, close enough to have a good idea. I forget the name of it, but it mounts to the dash or windshield. It starts the timer when you take off and uses inertia sensors and G-force sensors to determine when you've gone a 1/4 mile, then it figures out your speed/acceleration/time etc. People use it for tuning purposes so that when track day comes they are hopefully tuned up.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
yeah well that all has to wait till i put the damn thing together :lol: just wanted to see what you all thought. any other info ya want to narrow it down?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
gto78 said:
You could always get a digital 1/4 mile g-force test units. I've heard they're pretty accurate, close enough to have a good idea.

My G-tech was never accurate. In my '87 it was always all over the place as far as times and mph that there was just no way to tune based on it.
I got fed up with it and when my brother was at the track with his '81 one day we put the G-tech in his car to compare its time with the tracks time. Set the G-tech up properly both times and with the correct vehicle weight, etc.

He ran a 13.6@101mph according to the dragstrip. The G-tech said he ran a 15.5@90mph. :roll: Thats when I threw the thing in the trash.

Only way to TRUELY know what your car is going to run at the strip, is to actually take it to the strip.

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
That sucks, too bad it didn't work for you. Do you think it was a little bit wobbly on the way it was mounted? I know the guys over on the 350Z motoring web forum seemed to love that thing and all their reviews I read said it was within a couple tenths of a second. That was a long time ago, and I've never tried it myself. I couldn't make myself spend the money on it either, it's kind of expensive.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Wasn't wobbly at all.

I figure for the price of one of these things, I could go to a summer full of test and tune nights at the dragstrip and have the real thing!

86montecl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2009
warren MI
if you want to talk about a fast sbc. my monte ran an 18.4 in the 1/4 with a 283 under the hood. i hate my car :roll: but ive heard the sbc 307 was a pretty quick im guess is low 16,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor