Whats the best Gloss Black Chassis Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

83gcut

Apprentice
Nov 6, 2008
Houston,TX.
so I'm about to start to paint the engine bay... I already degreased it and power wash it... so from past experiance what kind of paint did ya'll use and where can i get some if on the web?????? oh also can the paint be used for plastic ? I would like to have the same gloss on the wheel fenders (plastic) as the steel frame.........

Thanks for the help....... 8)

normal_g_cut_012.jpg

Lawfree

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2008
I've had really good luck with the POR-15 products. Stuff is tough as nails but will start to fade from UV in Sunlight. The POR-15 Chassis Coat is a very good match for OEM GM paint (semi gloss blk) and is UV resistant.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I used Eastwood's Chassis Black aerosol can on my dad's Camaro's subframe. It looks pretty good it's black and glossy but it covers really nice as well.

Hippi

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2009
ILL
shitty cell phone pic but krylon rust tuff for the cage and rear firewall,por-15 the rest,the wires are tied up to the seat bar so they wouldn't get por-15 on them
05-18-09_2034.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor