What's Your Automotive Perversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
No, I am not talking about anything sexual here, but what uncool (to most) car do you most lust after and why? I have several, like the forgotten 3 cylinder Chevy Sprint Turbo or the Mitsubishi Colt Turbo, and who can forget the original shitbox, the Austin Mini? Ever dream of an oddball drivetrain/chassis combo? Like a Nissan Skyline RB26DETT powered 1965 Rambler American 4 door wagon? How bout a 13B Rotary in a Chevette ( been done in Australia in the almost identical Holden Gemini)? LS1 powered Toyota Cressida? You get the picture. List your most outlandish automotive idea or oddball car you like but are afraid to admit to.

Geo Storm Si ummm......Ford Festiva.......yeah i have a few others but can't think of them

Nissan 240sx powered by an LS1 or lancer EVO powered by an LS1 are some of my favorites also

my freinds were going to atempt to put a ski doo 900 motor in a geo metro hatchback . I guess that what happens when you dont get any snow in mn .

78mali350 said:
Nissan 240sx powered by an LS1 or lancer EVO powered by an LS1 are some of my favorites also

The EVO would be hard since it's a transverse four banger ( and the 4G63t is an amazing engine to begin with), but the LS1 240sx has been done. There's a guy who built one for drifting, and there was one on an episode of "Pinks" a while back. I think there may even be a swap kit as there is one for the RX-7 already.The V8 only adds 50 lbs over the 13B in the RX-7, IIRC. I have wanted to do an all-Nissan V8 240sx for a while, using either the VH45DE (VH=series, 45=4.5 liters, D=DOHC E= EFI) from a 90's Q45 or the VH56DE from a Titan. I figure the Titan may be available with a manual, giving you the bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, etc for the swap.

the EVO has been done and it's fricking amazing

we once cut 2 feet or so out of the frame out of a 327 powered '79 Malibu and dropped a mid 70's VW Bug Convertable on the frame. My buddy threw his dealer plate on it and drive it for the summer.

I would like to do something like that again, or the ever popular GNX driveline in a chevette

I would like a 1961 plymouth savoy with a 413 crossram 4 speed. Or a 39-41 plymouth sedan with an early hemi. I have to think about any others.

Never thought about it. But a shop that does LeMans Chassis work built a Porsche bottom end with the VW Bus sitting on its frame. It was pretty wicked, especially the price.

78mali350 said:

theres a guy loacal around me who has a ls1 240 its bad *ss i also seen a skyline wiht a twin turbo ls1 in it ill try finding the pics of it its crazy

idk y but i want to build a crazy *ss golf cart wiht a v8 lol maybe put it on a frame for another vehicle or custom make one but i think it would look pretty sweet and be fun to drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor