Not open for further replies.

442force

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2008
I know that our g bodies are 5 x4.75 lug spacing

Id like to run weld prostars on my 85 olds 442

Im a little lost on backspacing thou since ive never bought rims before

I would like to run 4inch rims up front

and Id asume a 8 inch rim out rear? unless you can fit a 10 inch rim with out a issue of rubbing on the frame

So anyone run prostars?

dynodanmanda79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2008
Crestview, FL.
I dont run prostars but I have Cragar ss's and I'm runnin 15x10 in the back with 295/50/15's and no fender well mods and no rubbing

2mwxeud.jpg
[/img]

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
What is your ride height? stock, lowered, jacked up? That will play a factor in fitment and rubbing issues.

dynodanmanda79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2008
Crestview, FL.
Front is stock, I put JC Whitney lift springs in the back. But before I put the lift springs in I had those red air bags that go inside the coil springs. They didnt lift the rear much but my tires never rubbed when I had the bags in. And I've never tried driving it at stock ride height with these wheels but if I were to guess, I'd imagine that they would rub when you go over bumps but idk.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The bags that go inside of your springs won't raise the height of the car any, they'll just keep it from squating when you launch. My guess is that those would rub if the bags weren't in there to keep it from compressing.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
what are you looking for ?
if looking for handling, get some 8" rims with 4.5" b/s they will fit great no clearance issue ....
10 inch rims rub on the outer fender lip if stock height ,even more if stock old rubber bushings are still used in the arms unless you lift the rear and have a sway away situation in the curves
Dan

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
at stock ride height,8 inch wheels with 4.5 inch backspacing are the largest that will fit without rubbing, both front and rear. 255/50 rear and 245/50 front are the largest recomended tires. But this is stock height in good condition. I'm not sure what lowered cars can run yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor