Wheel offset questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I wanted to get a set of 22in rims to put on my cutty so i went to summit and found some nice Forte wheels. They are 22/8.5
6.120in backspacing and a +35.00 offset, i'm personally thinking it would not fit with that offset im not sure though could someone help me on this please?

O if you don't like the 22in rim look on gbody that's you opinion and business Thank you.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
TeezySupreme said:
I wanted to get a set of 22in rims to put on my cutty so i went to summit and found some nice Forte wheels. They are 22/8.5
6.120in backspacing and a +35.00 offset, i'm personally thinking it would not fit with that offset im not sure though could someone help me on this please?

O if you don't like the 22in rim look on gbody that's you opinion and business Thank you.

Won't fit. With 8.5" wheel, I wouldnt go more than 4.5" backspacing to avoid rubbing on the frame. If you are gonna get a set of the same wheel all around, I'd go with no wider than 8" and then 4" backspacing.

Reactions: 1 user

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
V6UnderPressure said:
TeezySupreme said:

Won't fit. With 8.5" wheel, I wouldnt go more than 4.5" backspacing to avoid rubbing on the frame. If you are gonna get a set of the same wheel all around, I'd go with no wider than 8" and then 4" backspacing.

Alright thank you is it a specific offset needed?

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Cant find a nice set of 22x8 what backspacing would i need to fit 22x8.5's?

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
You need a blocks and spacers kit + springs off a bigger oldsmobile if youre not going to listen to the advice he just gave you it was good...

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
i ran 22's on both my gbody's with 1.5'' adapters, i got the the adapters from thelowriderspot about 5 years ago

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
pencero said:
You need a blocks and spacers kit + springs off a bigger oldsmobile if youre not going to listen to the advice he just gave you it was good...

I'm looking for some AR rims or some type of racing rims but cant find 22x8

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
TeezySupreme said:
Cant find a nice set of 22x8 what backspacing would i need to fit 22x8.5's?

As mentioned, maximum of 4.5" backspacing no matter what width you go. I am assuming that you are lifting the car to fit the 22's. If so, then fender clearance shouldnt be an issue and you'd want to focus on frame rubbing. In that case, 4"-4.5" backspacing should work with that width. Although if lifted, I would honestly stick with no more than 4" backspacing, otherwise the wheels may look too "tucked".

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
nobody make racing rim over 20'' man its not happening! racing supposed to be light weight so this defeats its advertisement claim. However, you can get 22'' irocs used all day and they going super cheap used. They look better re-done than they do off the shelf if you have redone by the right shop. check out where i found some nice Giovanna rims super clean @ www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com they do deal w/ tire too but its a CLOSEOUT deal so most of the rims are trash ill give you fair warning it's like panning for gold on there most the rim fuwgly in my opinion but ck it out dude the Giovanna's I got fr were popping

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
o yea I forgot www.newstalgiawheel.com have some racing Style rim kind of they billet chrome but it worth looking @ though not sure what kind of taste you have in rims. Thats where I got billet rims for my 88 cutlass Id post pic but dnt have 1 r now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor