wheels on protouring regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
two90west said:
I say go with the Buick gnx wheels you will not need spacers and the look killer
2x on those gnx wheels looking killer. Those were my original choice but I would be limited on big brakes in the future with them being only 16in but they still are some bad *ss looking wheels. The other thing that could possibly be done to them when the funds would permit would be to have them widened.

jwea93

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2012
lansing, mi
after thinking for a while i decided to run the stock tiny wheels for a while while i paint and do motor work, then once i'm ready to put the new motor in i'll buy these rocket racing booster wheels
http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/rocke ... r-gray/p25

but one question, what is the true backspacing and offset that i need for 17X8's?

jwea93

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2012
lansing, mi
uneek1976 said:
Backspacing would be between 4" and 4.5" for the most part. I think me 17's had a 4" backspacing.

do yours rub at all in the front when you turn?

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Re: wheels on pro touring regal

I just got these from Summit 17 X 8 with 4.50 backspacing.They are nice wheels and they were $170 a wheel.
They fit and dont rub anywhere running a 235 /50/17 tire.

Attachments

• imagesCAUZNJDH.jpg
    imagesCAUZNJDH.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 920
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 940

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Be aware if the car is lowered you may have issues. With lowering spindles you can only run about 4.875" backspacing max, otherwise you'll hit the steering knuckle on the spindle. You can run more with a stock spindle, but with stock a-arms you'll wind up with a wider turning radius. 17x8 is about the widest you can run on a lowered car without custom parts.

In the rear you can run a 17x9.5, 275/40/17 at about 4.875" backspacing with only a fender lip roll/trim.

JERMzSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 12, 2009
I have a full set of 16x8 gta wheels that I'd be willing to part with. They were gold but I plasti-dipped them black with the poloshed lip. Have good tires on back, frons aren't the best but they could be used for awhile. The rears are a high offset so u will need adapter and I have those to from Fred Goffskie. Sorry if I missed spelled that I'm half asleep lol. Let me know if ur interested and we can talk price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor