Where can I find this part??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLMonte88

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2012
ATL, Georgia
I am trying to identify and locate the 2 support bars seen in the below picture. i've seen them installed on a few GN's and also on a few other gbody's but cant seem to locate any to purchase. Part name, numbers, websites or anything to get me in the rite direction is greatly appreciated. thanks and yall have a great weekend, oh and Happy Father's day to the dads out there!

Attachments

• 7634860023_large.jpg
    7634860023_large.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 864
67rstbkt said:
That looks like a home made set-up using aluminum angle pieces possibly found at Home Depot?

Thanks, that is what i was thinking too. Any idea if there is a similar OEM product that would work like the one above? Ive seen plenty of the jounce bars and such but really looking to put some stability in the front end. would be nice if we could have upper strut bars like the ricers!!

The only one's I have seen OEM are the shorter bars that go from the core support to fenders. Ricer's don't have frames 🙂

Maybe check out some of the vendor's? UMI? they may have a similar kit?

malibu80 said:
As far as I know, they are found only on 78 Monte Carlos
X2
Just put the word out there. I'm sure someone will respond.

78-80 Montes are the only ones with the bars between the cowl and rad support. Most of the time one side has been removed when the battery had to be replaced.

i've only seen the cowl to support braces on 78-80 Monte's, straight support to inner fender braces on cutty's, curved support to inner fenders on GP's ...

Above is correct, used on 78-80 Montes only. Hit up the junkyards. I have a set on my cutlass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 697
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor