Where did all the 2711 Manifolds go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustBoostin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2017
Duluth, Minnesota
Thanks to everyone for the advice and assistance and to some for the sarcasm. I will wait for Jegs as by the time I cancel and get the money back, it will be June and then just a week theoretically. Shipping is the true bugaboo. I had several solid leads but then the shipping took it up several notches.
I’ve got another manifold around somewhere that came in the trunk of a parts car. Might even still be there. Gotta do some digging

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Holley was a single plain and not as tall as the RPM. Also had an EGR and choke stove.

468373rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2018
:wtf:So I have spent all the time I can and have found no other way but to wait for EDELBROCK to restock all of the businesses that sell their 2711 intake. What I noted is that except for shipping charges (some do and some don't charge for shipping), EDELBROCK has a price fixing arrangement going. You cannot buy a new 2711 manifold anywhere from anyone at a price less than EDELBROCK sells on their own site. Believe me I tried them all, and just as I was finishing my engine, they have a back order and increase in price. Do you like my luck? The second thing is that no one actually stocks the manifold, they simply pass it on to EDELBROCK to drop ship. Believe me, seeing that, if there were ANY other options for an intake I would take it. I know Vic personally, and I do not think this is the way he would run his business. Price-fixing is only good for EDELBROCK, and now there is no one around who can sell me a 2711 and I will have to wait until mid-June to finish my engine. Pissed off does not even begin to describe it! It alters my entire plan for getting the car on the road and visiting some swap meets and car shows through summer. I live in WA state so the good months of car shows and driving are few. Driving it in the rain is not an option. Sigh. I even won 2 different auctions on EBAY only to have the sellers let me know that he can't send it until mid-June. Summit, Jegs, Amazon, all the same stories. How did warehouses and companies all end up with zero stock?
Let me look tomorrow , I might have one. I am on the other side of the country though , Connecticut. Probably take until mid June to ship it ? May have one new , and two used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor