Where did you buy your headliner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I got my headliner done at a customs shop in Cali. Later, I determined that I could have done it myself for about $250 the guy ordered about 10x10" Black Suede and cut the foam to the shape of the ceiling and molded them together, excluded the dome light and it popped right in. Eventually Im going to have to drop it back down and redo it because it didnt stick to the ceiling

I kind of regret spending almost $500 on my ceiling, although it is very nice. I wish I had just bought the material myself because I would have done my armwrest and rear seat area panelling with it, since they are a little faded (and it would match the ceiling for a cool effect!)

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
84GP455 said:
Here is where I bought my ABS covered headliner with matching sun visors. http://www.ecparts.net/mcttabs.htm
It was well worth it compared to trying to repair the dirty, cracked, falling apart stock headliner man that material just crumbled apart and that stuff is itchy! ABS molded plastic is the way to go. No matter how you fix it, glue it, repair it, it will unglue or fall apart again in the future.

I'm with this guy. But the link is for t-top cars. I think this link is the one we want:
http://www.ecparts.net/mcabs.htm

..unless, of course, you have t-tops

So for $269 I can get a fabric covered ABS plastic headliner, ready to install, and new sun visors too? Do I have to take the hardware out of my old sun visors and somehow install it in the new ones? (I guess I could call the phone number and ask them :roll: )

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I redid mine with Joanne Fabrics headliner material. Not that hard, just use good adhesive and follow the directions.

CIMG0427-1.jpg

CIMG0433-2.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks great, Brian. I need to do mine over. It's probably been 10 yrs. It's faded and lookin' like crap. I also have to redo the sunvisors as well.
I remember having to do alittle repair work on the headliner board. Especially in the corners. Using fiberglass resin and matting. The boards get alittle brittle over time.
I would also get my fabric from Joann's. They carry the real deal.

Your interior plastics appear to be in nice shape. :)

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
motorholmes said:
84GP455 said:
Here is where I bought my ABS covered headliner with matching sun visors. http://www.ecparts.net/mcttabs.htm
It was well worth it compared to trying to repair the dirty, cracked, falling apart stock headliner man that material just crumbled apart and that stuff is itchy! ABS molded plastic is the way to go. No matter how you fix it, glue it, repair it, it will unglue or fall apart again in the future.

I'm with this guy. But the link is for t-top cars. I think this link is the one we want:
http://www.ecparts.net/mcabs.htm

..unless, of course, you have t-tops

So for $269 I can get a fabric covered ABS plastic headliner, ready to install, and new sun visors too? Do I have to take the hardware out of my old sun visors and somehow install it in the new ones? (I guess I could call the phone number and ask them :roll: )
Yes that is correct, you just have to unscrew the mounting tab swivel out of the old visors (it slides right out) then install them in the new visors.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
^^NICE!! And these guys are cheaper than the stuff I've seen on Ebay (if you include the visors). I'm doin it!

So happy to knock out another problem area with a great solution. I have plenty of other crap to do, believe me :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor