where'd you get your engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my block came from the back yard 🙂 seriously! my brother had an old 350, from one of his trucks, sitting outside. a bunch of the new parts came off of the 400 he was building, it made a good excuse for him to upgrade!

My 350 tpi motor was bought from a guy that had it in a 67 Lemans. The guy was selling to fund a big block chevy install. Said it wasn't enough power for him. Got the motor(with all electronics) and a th400 trans.

i have a 350 out of a 85 corvette in my 80 Cutlass supreme :mrgreen:

Got my SBO from a fella who built a 442 and needed the body parts out of a 70 cutlass S. He sold me the motor and trans for 350.00 and I didnt use the th400. Motor had 65,000 miles on it, but I had it refreshed anyway, since it had been sitting for god knows how long on his garage floor.

1984 Pontiac Grand Prix Pro Touring.
Edelbrock/Pat Musi 555 EFI Crate motor (ordered from Pat Musi):
46550-L.jpg

I've just snagged a 350 from my uncle's plow truck that he's sending to the crusher. Sure its a truck motor, but it has less than 1000 miles and it should make a nice core for a motor build.

my 307 sbc came out of a 71 camaro. i was told it was a 350-th350 combo out of a suburban, found out otherwise that hard way. :|

My 301 was in a 79' Formula I rebuilt for my daughter's college car. She wrecked it, so I kept the motor, found a manual flywheel, had it match balanced to the flex plate, then used it in my Bonnewagon. No sense wasting a fresh motor.

my engine came from a suburban, it was a fresh rebuilt 30 over and I picked that up 60 miles west of me but I didn't like the heads on it ...so I picked up vortec heads 70 miles east of me and I picked up the intake and tall valve covers 40 miles south east of me....

Bought my 383 from a crack head for $500 with paper work. I took it out of a Jag. I went back a week later to get the rear end for my 49 Chevy truck, the car was gone and the crack head was in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor