WHICH DOT DRAG TIRES!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop the hammer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2008
Here we go I fit 275 60 15's in the back, so I can fit a good amount of tire back there. My car is a street strip car with a lot of street time. The B.F.G. Radial T/A's wear like Iron and they have a ton of miles on them, BUT the dont hook up to save there life. A hard lanch cause a lot of smoke, constant pedaling to keep the hook. Anyway after the wonter I am gonna get new tires, and I want some that will hook up but hopefully last. I know nothing is gonna hook up AND last as long as the T/A's but I dont wanna have 5000 miles and need another set. Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Drag Tires I know hook up like a son of a b*tch but I heard they wear out quick if constantly driven. I always have had luck with BFG but never had there d.o.t. drag tires. Heard the hoosiers are good as well. When it comes to tires I dont care how they look are who makes them as long as the do what they say. And I'd like to have my car armed and dangerous at all times ready to go, instead of needing to change the tires out constantly. So what tires hook up but still give you more than just a season of driving on the street?

drop the hammer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2008
Nobody?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
How much HP?

I turned BFG Drag raidials into dust for the first 300' of the track (625 hp).

Hoosiers are the bomb from what I heard.

I got Good Year radial slicks right now,not D.O.T. though.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Of the drag radials Nittos seem to last the longest and also do reasonably well in the rain when new. Maybe 20,000 miles if you don't burn em off and run em down.

drop the hammer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2008
I aint got that much, about 300/315hp Hoping to get up to 400 eventually.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
I agree that a Nitto drag/street radial would be a very good tire. Only thing with them is the $$$$$

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
drag radials

dot drag radials are a single purpose tire ,designed to get you to the track and back......some can be driven on the street, but don't last very long..
if thats the way you want to roll you have to expect to replace them more often,if your not willing to spend the money you should stick to them bfg's...
as for the hook up you need some more parts :D :D .....always up grade
i've got a ss that has some hook up, and its taken a lot to get consent 1.60 60fts....igot to tell you that it's a lot of fun busting there asses off the line :twisted: .....jesse

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
dot tires

i use m/t et streets 28-11.50-15s and i'am real pleased with them
what are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor