which heads for my 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
betcha618 said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The Patriot heads for $800 from Summit look like a good deal too, but it is an unproven company that may or may not make a long lasting product.

IN ORDER TO SAY THAT YOU'D REALLY HAVE TO RESEARCH WHO MAKES THE HEADS for Summit. They don't make much of thier own stuff, just put thier name on products. I bought a summit cam with lifters for $89.00 once and when I got the cam it had CRANE stamped into the bottom of it.

That's why I said I did not know. They are not made by Summit, but by "Patriot Performance". I have not heard anything about who these people actually are. They may make an awesome product, but they may make a crack-prone mess too. No one knows yet because they are new. That was my point. If I knew a little more and had that kind of money sitting around, I would probably buy a set myself. They seem to have a nice chamber design as compared to many of the other heads out there, like my S/R Torquer's. From what I have read, they are modeled on the Vortec chambers. Aluminum heads would help my handling issues because they would remove 50-80 lbs from the nose of my front-heavy G body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor