Jan 25, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Drogg1,
Thanks for including the second chart, MOOG problem solver. That's very helpful. In fact I bookmarked it. ;)

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
the part number for the isolator is 10290379 and the moog spring for the Phoenix is 5661
Good info !! Just a few questions : do you feel 160 spring rate is stiff for a cruiser only car ? Plus the spring rate will increase even more as you cut
This shows as a SQ to PT spring. My understanding is the only spring that's good for cutting is a TG spring.. Is this why you're using the spring isolator ? Because you're turning SQ spring into TG spring by cutting the ends off ? Hope I'm understand that right .. Tired of the up and down spring game .. Lol .. Thanks for your insight

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The rear spring from the Phoenix is a pig tail at one end and open on the other. The inside diameter of 4.300 is smaller then a G body spring and the same as an F body so the idolator works with the spring I am using. I chose that spring for 2 reasons. It's open on one side and it's a linear spring. The spring rate of 162 has increased with cutting it but I would suggest with the amount cut I have raised the spring rate less than 5% and I do not find that rate to be overly stiff but that is a personal opinion. I have my car set to run on the highway where the faster you go the better the car feels but it's not bad in the city. I have a system in my car so the sub and stuff in the trunk add weight plus I fill her up to go camping in the spring so the springs I have suit my purpose. UMI is using a 130 lbs rated spring in the rear on their Green Machine and they make that spring work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor