which springs??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok guys with my setup below which springs should i buy. i put my engine back in and the front end sits much higher than the rear. rear springs have had a long life time to replace. so what springs should i use. car will see street driving with occasional track time. thanks in advance for any help

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'd go with the ever popular eibach's with a 2in drop all around. or maybe just a 1in drop in back for that nice raked look.
how well do you want the car to handle? if you want really good handling then it'll take some mods. at least a set of adjustable upper arms and tall ball joints up front and tubular arms in back, along with good shocks.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If it sat right before and had the same kind of engine and head material, and you did not change the springs, it likely will settle again once you drive it a bit. Otherwise, the Eibach's are not bad ( I have a set) but they tend to cut the caster down to nothing and cause some high speed stability issues if nothing else is done. That has been my experience. Others may disagree. I am installing the Global West negative roll system in mine with B body spindles and ordered the arms with the offset cross shafts in order to increase caster and stability as my solution. I don't have them in yet, so I have no idea ho successful they will be, but expect it to work well.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
well the back already sat low, the air shocks helped but i know they will not help a launch. i was wondering if i should go with moogs and if so what part number. im not interested in lowering it at this point and def dont have the money for the eibach kit. im so lost here. im worried about the headers bottoming out with the eibachs also. i dunno its a hard decision for sure.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
i was wondering what springs to get also, right now it has V8 heavy duty springs in the back and V6 springs in the front....lol. i still want it to sit lower in the front. i was thinking about the eibachs but im not sure, i want it to handle pretty decently, it already does as i have a sway bar in the rear and a 442 1.25" sway bar on the front with polyurethane bushings. also what shocks would be good to ues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor