EL CAMINO White lightning our 81 street/strip car

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Tires look good! I went with a 165/80 on my 15x4s recently, 185/65 in the past and can't tell much of a difference . Count me in for the burnout video of skinnys in the rear!

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
not a lot has gone on in the last few weeks. We have had a lot going on in life that has been keeping me from working on it. Few house projects got done atleast

So I’ve been collecting parts, new rad, rad cap upper and lower hoses, different alt mount, gauges so I can keep an eye on the vitals, correct flex plate, carb studs, front tires, picked up a set of tall aluminum Chevrolet valve covers off market place, need to be cleaned up and painted but they were cheap! and I fell like I’m missing some stuff but those all came in,

im verry behind my personal goal of having it running and driving by this weekend and I don’t see that happening unfortunately but life will do that to a guy.

but tonight I got the front tires mounted and “balanced”(balance beads)

I couldn’t imagine trying to do a wider tire on the wheel it was bad enough trying to get a 185 on a 4 inch wheel but using tire spoons and doing it at home is a lot different than using a machine

also checked valve spring pressure to make sure I’m not going to kill the cam when breaking it in

after mounting I realized I wish I would have went up a size or two to get a little more sidewall. These are 185/60r15 on a 15x4 kind of wishing I would have went with a 185/65 or 70

these are a 23.7in tire and a 65 would be 24.5 and 70 would have been a 25.2

but ya live ya learn they were cheap and I’ll run them till they are gone or I’ll toss em on the back and burn em off at the end of the season
View attachment 237436
View attachment 237435
Yeah for looks I’m looking at a 195/75-15 for the front of my chevelle. Ran a 205/70-15 on my Malibu, but at the least is you cut rollout down on a slow reacting car so it may help on the tree.

Reactions: 1 user

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
Tires look good! I went with a 165/80 on my 15x4s recently, 185/65 in the past and can't tell much of a difference . Count me in for the burnout video of skinnys in the rear!
you better believe it’s getting recorded if i do
Yeah for looks I’m looking at a 195/75-15 for the front of my chevelle. Ran a 205/70-15 on my Malibu, but at the least is you cut rollout down on a slow reacting car so it may help on the tree.
I was kind of thinking that aswell, either the kid is going to kill the tree or be red a lot until he gets the hang of it. Last year we had almost a 27in tire on the front

He’s already pulls some pretty good reaction times, he adapts well, when he was doing both the jr and grandmas equinox the first year of jr street he’d hop between the two and usually land around .050 in each

Plan is to run a smaller rear aswell to help the gearing out a bit too since it has highway gears in for the time being

Reactions: 1 user

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
Took off work at 11 today since I’m working tomorrow so decided to get some stuff done. Made some progress tonight.

Alt bracket on, flex plate on, realized the crank had a pilot bearing in it so to be on the safe side did the ol bread trick to pop it out. It’s officially in the car!

If any one is wondering flowtech afterburner header fit great beside the collector hitting the column shifter linkage, I dropped them in from the top with the motor and trans bolted together .
IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3877.jpeg

IMG_3878.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor