whiter looking low beam headlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
hi all,
does anyone know of any H4656 headlights that brighten up more on the whiter side than the traditional yellow?
please let me know.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I tried the silverstars and they are whiter but the beam is more concentrated and they burnt out every 3 months. They warrantied the lights but I got tired of changing them

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I tried the cheap chinese conversion lenses and your get what you pay for, The lenses leak in a rainstorm and they do not have a pattern so unless you point the lenses down you blind the other drivers. I bought the Hella conversion lenses which are glass and have throw a light pattern so I was able to adjust the lights properly and look down the road further without bothering the other drivers. As for the HID's I have tried the 55 watt sets and they use the 35 watt bulbs so they scatter the beam . There are 55 watt bulbs but they go for close to $200 each. I have the 35 watt bi xenon 4300 K bulbs for the hi/lo and HID 6000 K bulbs for the hi beams. I was using the bi xenon 6000 K but the 4300 K is better especially in the rain. I'm using the 6000 K in the high beam cause I the still have some life I find them they are ok for the high beams.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
ok, thanks I ordered myself everything I need.
I've installed h.i.d's on my newer cars and its as simple as just plugging in, how do I go about connecting the h.i.d's to my olds??

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It will be a simple plug and play. I'm cut the connectors off and hard wired it so it's a good connection.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
would you be able to tell me what wire goes with each wire?
I think the connectors have three wires and the h.i.d has two.
also what did you use to attach each wire? black electrical tape or some kind of connectors?

your help is really appreciated.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
On the vehicle's wiring the black is the ground and light brown is the low beam. If I remember correctly the low beam wire is on the top terminal so you have to switch the green wire which is the high beam with the light brown wire in the connector. The wiring for the HID should be black and red so the red goes to the light brown and black to the black. I used non insulated butt connectors and shrink tubing instead of the connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor