Who is going to invest in stocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a one month review of the financial prognosticators.....

Citigroup is UP 189%

Gold is DOWN 6%

VTI is UP 28%

srercrcr said:

Citigroup is UP 189%

Gold is DOWN 6%

VTI is UP 28%

I would be $400 richer right now with Citigroup,,,,,, I can't risk money right now though, too much to do to the car.

pokertramp said:
srercrcr said:

Citigroup is UP 189%

Gold is DOWN 6%

VTI is UP 28%

I would be $400 richer right now with Citigroup,,,,,, I can't risk money right now though, too much to do to the car.

The car isn't going to generate you any income(Though it might carry you to the place you generate yours).

The best thing about investment income is that the taxes are less than on your (and my) earned income. This enables you to do more with less. This is one of the ways the 'rich' get richer.

If you could get your plan together and then you could do quite a bit more to your car while not working so hard to generate the income you need.

There are a couple of investments in individual companies that are worth inventing in... Like people have said before, don’t invest any thing you can’t lose. To me it seems the people have forgotten the old buy low and sale high modo of the stock market. If you are young(er) and have time for investment to sit the buying a company that stocks are low at the moment (lets as 1.00 a share) but are likely to gain value more then the stock cost then why not, again if you are younger and inexperence then a 401k with a good adviser would likely be a better idea for you

When GMAC (GMK) dropped to like $3.60 a share I bought a few (like 60 or so if I remember correctly) so I would all it an initial investment of around $220… if I decided to sale today I would get a return of $624 to $630 which is pretty much a solid $7 profit off each share (estimated $400 total) and that’s only in 4 months which would be condered a short term investment.

But again stocks are like bets… if don’t know the topic and/or can’t afford to lose then it’s not for you

CaStylin

Well I am disabled and on a fixed income. I do have disposable income that I can gamble with. I usually play poker with it but was going to try stocks for a bit.

You have to pay taxes on gains if you sell off? I think I have a certain limit before it affects my Social Security.

pokertramp said:
Well I am disabled and on a fixed income. I do have disposable income that I can gamble with. I usually play poker with it but was going to try stocks for a bit.

You have to pay taxes on gains if you sell off? I think I have a certain limit before it affects my Social Security.
Yea, you have to pay gains of stock sold above purchuse value, im pretty sure the you pay on the overall gains so if one you loss somewhere it matches up against the gain and the gained differnce is what you are taxed on... this math is also why i suggested 401k... its long term, pre tax and i dont belive (again i could be wrong) you have to pay gains tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor