Who likes Coilover front shocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the entire QA1 Level 3 kit on mine about 4 years ago with front/rear double adjustable shocks and coil overs and absolutely love it.

I also have the UMI front frame/radiator brace, as well as the rear upper frame brace. Coupled with the TurnOne 12:1 steering gear, G-Force crossmember, 17x8 245/45R17 BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2's... it handles incredibly well.

1657172947317.png

1657172813687.jpeg

1657173062520.jpeg

1657173616315.jpeg

1657173661323.jpeg

Bilstein B6 I’ll try them I’ve had the others nothing special just average in cost and function. Thx
You will see a noticeable difference. AFAIC, they are the next best thing to adjustable coilovers. I've had two cars that I took of relatively new Monroe's and it was night and day. I shouldn't pump them up too much, but if you don't notice an obvious difference, then you'll be the only person I know with that doesn't agree.

These are the fronts https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsn-24-009492/make/oldsmobile/model/cutlass-supreme/year/1980

They aren't cheap, but they aren't expensive either. Of course they've gone up about $20 from the last time I bought them (like everything.)

You'll notice when you go to install them that you almost have to have a jack to compress them. Or be tougher (stronger) than I haha.

Reactions: 383_StealthRam
I’ve had the others, Bilstein b6 and KYB is my two considerations , I do want a noticeable difference in ride and handling, I’ll shop around some Summit has competitive price. Know one talked up the KYB’s there probably better Monroe/Gabriel.
I’ve got AirLift bags in rear with average shocks. Thx

I’ve had the others, Bilstein b6 and KYB is my two considerations , I do want a noticeable difference in ride and handling, I’ll shop around some Summit has competitive price. Know one talked up the KYB’s there probably better Monroe/Gabriel.
I’ve got AirLift bags in rear with average shocks. Thx
I had KYB's all around for 20 yrs before I went QA1 coil overs, tubular UC LC arms, etc... No complaints for a gas pressurized shock it was huge difference over stock, or stock replacement. Never leaked and we're still good when I removed them.

As good as they were, no comparison to now. The overall handling and cornering with QA1 upgrades is immensely better But cost is a major factor obviously.

Installed the entire QA1 Level 3 kit on mine about 4 years ago with front/rear double adjustable shocks and coil overs and absolutely love it.

I also have the UMI front frame/radiator brace, as well as the rear upper frame brace. Coupled with the TurnOne 12:1 steering gear, G-Force crossmember, 17x8 245/45R17 BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2's... it handles incredibly well.

View attachment 201987

View attachment 201985

View attachment 201988

View attachment 201989

View attachment 201990
QA1 Level 3 kit is impressive amount of parts if the ride and handling during driving reflects labor and cost and your happy is what counts. Little more than what I want for now. I like it thx for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor