why does my brake pedal go all the way down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people that dont care if the whole system is working would be worried about the low pedal??
how do you get the master mechanic label under your name cause it certainly doesnt fit

i dont appreciate you trying to bash me for not having the rears hooked up. i was blocking them off to see if i could get the front calipers to move WHICH THEY DO NOT even under full brake. i would know this as i have removed my wheel and rotated the rotor under full brake AFTER BLEEDING THE SYSTEM. ALSO MY TITLE IS MASTER MECHANIC but i dont have a full knowledge of how everything works on a car and i come here looking for advice not criticism for recieving a car from my mother thats slowly rusting away. Im trying to save it but its hard for a high school kid with no job. like my dad says WITH AGE COMES EXPERIENCE BUT I GUESS THAT DOESNT MEAN WITH MATURITY.

so please tell us that the car has not been driven down the road without the rear brakes operating,
as stated above you need to have all the lines connected to complete system and begin the flush the furthest from the cylinder. If you are unsure about this serious system can I kindly suggest maybe someoe hands on with you that has a clue cause brakes are a serious system that can impact may more people. I appologize if I insulted I just worried how the Master Mechanic title got added when statements made were so less that apprentice level. If it helps any I had a truck in the shop on Friday that only had 1 bolt holding on the new LSPV, when I brought the guy out to show him I was told "I already new that I did it I am a licenced tech". Please just be very safe when working with brakes.

Did you hold the pin on the proportioning valve? It will trip to one side cause low brake fluid to the rear brakes. If you "centered" the proportioning valve, take a look at the Master Cylinder. Could it be the wrong one? Or some Yahoo rebuilt it and the seals are weak. If it is good. Are the bleeders on the front calipers at the very top? We grafted on some calipers from a different car and put them on a non-disc brake car. Kept bleeding them calipers and there was air getting trapped. Had move the calipers so the bleeders were at the very top. If that's all good, is the rod from the power brake booster adjustable? Did some move that/adjust the length? New get a vacuum gauge and see if the booster holds a vacuum. Listen for any leaking..Let me know what you find.

OK pimpdude, I'm gonna try !! #1-Take the cap off the master cyl. #2- fill it up. #3- loosen or take off the FRONT brake line from the master cyl(rears are still blocked I hope)#4- have someone SLOWLY push the brake pedal to the floor, when it gets to the floor, put your thumb over the hole and have them release the brake pedal.#5-Slowly take your thumb off the hole and watch to see if fluid starts to come out of the hole. If so, hook the brake line back up and tighten it.#6- Go to the RIGHT front and loosen the bleeder on the caliper(do NOT push on the brake pedal),as you watch, in a little while fluid will start to run out along with air bubbles. Let it run until only fluid comes out(check the fluid in the master,fill if needed)and tighten the bleeder. #7-Go to the LEFT front and repeat the process, including making sure the master cyl. is full. You have just Gravity Bled your brakes ! #8- Set the cap back on the master cyl, don't tighten it, just set it there, and pump the brake pedal slowly several times. It will take a few pumps, because you have to fill the calipers with fluid. Once you get a pedal of some kind, take the cap back off the master, and bleed the RIGHT front again(gravity)check the fluid in the master, and repeat the process on the LEFT front. You should now have a decent pedal, so you can now HOOK UP THE REAR BRAKES !!! :lol: ................................mickey-d 8)

lol thanks for all the help guys but now the carbls throttle position sensor is off. yeap i have officially had it. im gonna tear the car down and start cleaning de rusting and overall fixing the car. gonna tank this smog olds engine and get me a chevy. and if it makes anyone feel better im gonna fix my brake system front rear up and down.

LOL sorry pal IM GONNA BUILD IT NOT BUY IT. or replace it because despite its many probs my first car is awesome and its proud to be a G!!!

That'll solve all your problems! Put a Chevy in it. :roll:

Fairly sure the title "master mechanic" or "g-body guru" for example, refers only to a persons number of posts, not their ability or knowledge .... hth .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor