Why?...just why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Those donks not looking too shabby now, eh? Lol. Great idea, terrible execution. There are just so many things wrong. 565's meme couldn't be more accurate.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The hood and tailgate alone must have taken weeks. If he'd have made those vent wing windows Actually work we'd all say he was a hero.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Could easily be a background car in a Mad Max film.
Especially in the first film when the cars still had paint!

The hood and tailgate alone must have taken weeks.
What's that process called? Or that style rather. Is there a specific name for it so I can look it up more easily?

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I think the car is a work of art !! It's obvious that an older gentleman built the car as it would have been done it the 50's hence the paint scheme, chopped, louvers, lake pipes. I'm surprised it doesn't have baby moons. the 1960 Impala dash had to be another challenge and even though I'm old I would have chosen a different color for the carpet. Hey guys - your feelings on this car is how the young kids feel about our cars.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
going back and looking at it, I've gotta give the guy props... still not my style, mind you, but he put in the time and skill:
1) to actually put a longer door on it, instead of just welding up the rear door, and even got a similar angle to the D-pillar.
2) getting that dash in and to work... may not look like it came that way, but a serious feat in itself!

and I love the quote he has under the old AM radio!

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The guy obviously has fabrication skills but I feel he just applied them to the wrong car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I saw this but forgot to post it... points for effort I suppose.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor