Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
ve3oky said:
online170 said:
You can call me paranoid, but id call myself careful and you naive.

X2

Think about it. Most people post there country and state on the forums, no issue right states HUGE. Well then they post a build thread showing how much they have invested in there car, shop and tools. Next you get photos of the car out side there house post them online ...... and lastly we want to show off our ride so we do a video leaving our house we take ya for a ride and a burn out ..... all you need to do is pass ONE marked street corner in that video ... and your now "I just post my state" becomes a very small area with google maps of where your located.

All I'm saying, is ya need to watch what ya put online, the internet is nothing more then a HUGE database of info.

Exactly. Ohio used to put your county on the license plates as well. However they stopped doing that partially because of privacy. That would narrow down the search results for a thief quite a bit. Especially if you live in a less populated area.

Of course they just replaced the county names with a code that still gets put on the plate which you can pull up on the internet to cross-reference the code with the corresponding county. :roll:

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
307 Regal said:
This is turning into that "Your Car *WILL* Get Stolen" thread. :shock:
It's enough to make a guy build a fortress around his car so he can sleep at night..

And funny enough, im probably far too careless with other things like say locking my doors.....

I seem to be of the opinion that staying below the radar is a good thing for many reasons.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
307 Regal said:
This is turning into that "Your Car *WILL* Get Stolen" thread. :shock:
It's enough to make a guy build a fortress around his car so he can sleep at night..
Ahaha! Considering I'm the guy who made that thread, you'll notice in my build thread, I didn't black out my plates. Sime good and valid points though, for sure. It's a security issue to a degree.

Btw my plates: RAWDOGG. My car is locked in a garage. I'm not naiive, my car could still get stolen. But not because of the plates :p

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
ive seen on some import forums, in SoCal, that auto theft rings were going thru alot of build threads and running the tags, then stealing the cars from that persons house, or following them to work or elsewhere.

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
I don't worry about it, but then I try to take pictures at locations more attractive than my garage.

One reason you see blocked out plates on craigslist is the car flippers At least around here, some of them want to hide the fact that they are flippers, so they try to hide the temporary tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor