why wont my regal wont accelarate past 40mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Ignition problems normally only give the symptoms you descibe if the coil is starting to break down, a misfire a fault on the output dide would most likely occur at all engine speeds.
A clogged cat. wouldn't normally make the engine splutter either.
Your symptoms seem like fuel starvation rather than an ignition fault IMO,I would look at the carburettor first, maybe the secondaries aren't getting fuel, don't discount that the new fuel filter may be bad - it's not unknown.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
I agree with rustyroger. I really dont think your cat would plug up and then unplug in the same day. They usually get progressively worse over a period of time.

84rust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2010
college station, texas
hey guys well heres another update havent really had time to work on it but i did get the cat conv. off and just cleaned out and put it back and it left me on the side of the road again this time i just added more gas and it ran fine . im starting to lean more to that its the carb or just thrash floating along the top of the gas in the tank. will try to add a fuel stabilizer and probaly do a carb rebuild kit on my next weekend off, hopefully that will fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor