widest rear tires on a gbody??

Status
Not open for further replies.

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
i have a question for all i have a 83 malibu wagon and was lookin into putin some new wheels on it but was wondering whats the widest i can fit in the stock wheel wells any info would be appreciated thank u

The wheels I have on my 87 Salon, I had on my Cutlass Cruiser. The wheels are 16x8, with a 6.50" backspace, using 2.00" spacers, I had the same 255/50/16 (as on the car now) on the wagon....I couldn't go any wider with my combo.
Hope it helps, and I am sure others will chime in with their combo.

On a 15x8 wheel I've used 295/50's and 275/60's. I don't think you cant get away with much more.

I'm running 275x60x15 and when I need new tires I will run with 275x50x15....I would think you can go with a 5" backspace at most...I have 15x8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing..Then again I have a '69 Chevelle 12 bolt rear which is a lil wider then the stock G body rears....Check this thread out too it's pretty good: http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewt ... 25&t=35753

With my 15x8 corvette rallies the biggest I can go is 255/60s BFG radials in the back with a 5/16ths spacer on each side. When I had the stock 83 monte rallies I had 275/60 Mastercrafts with no problems. I love the corvette rally look but I gotta get deeper ones in back 🙁

ive got 15 x 9s in the back of mileybu with im guessing here i dont remember the exact tire size. i wanna say they are either 265/50/r15 or 295/50/r15 i cant remember off the top of my head but they rubbed for awhile i had to do some trimming in a few places

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor