will a 3.8 transmission work with a 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
there is a someone looking for transmission for a 80 regal that has 4.3 will the transmission i took out of my car with a 3.8 bolt right in

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
im thinking no...i had a metric 200 POS boat anchor behind my 3.8 why on gods green earth would someone want to use it?

just get a th-350. they'll be happier. they wont be happy if they use a 200 and it spits parts all over the road. mine did it twice, now i have a th-350 and im happy.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
unless it has a dual bolt pattern it probably wont work. bop trannies to chevy engines require an adapter plate.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
This will blow your mind. The 4.3 liter/265 cu in is a V8 PONTIAC motor! I never knew they made one smaller than the 301, but I did a little research and (to quote Madaline Khan)... "It's twue, it's twue!"

To answer the original question, a trans from a Buick 3.8 WILL bolt up to a Pontiac 4.3.

And just to confuse things further, at the same time there was the 4.3L Olds gas V8 (260 cu in), the 4.3L Olds diesel V6 (yes, a V6, also 260 cu in), and the 4.4L (267 cu in) SBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor