Will a air gap intake fit under stock hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
I've been looking and cant find an answer, but I am wondering if an air gap rpm lvl intake will fit under a stock hood. I currently have a performer rpm intake with a holley and drop base air cleaner but am looking to update to a more modern intake design but cant tell if it will fit or not

soloone87

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2014
hollywood,fl
depends on which air-gap intake you get. from what I've read and looked around at for myself, in a 86 monte with a sbc in it the 7501 fits even if its a little to tall then you have an excuse to get a 2-4 in cowl hood lol

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
depends on which air-gap intake you get. from what I've read and looked around at for myself, in a 86 monte with a sbc in it the 7501 fits even if its a little to tall then you have an excuse to get a 2-4 in cowl hood lol

Looking to keep sleeper look for now so not wanting to buy a $700 hood to cover a $200 intake if I dont have to

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
My EPS performer intake has a carb pad height of 4.27" (4 1/4"), The performer air gap has a height of 4.32"(4 5/16") and the RPM air gap has a height of 4.72"(4 3/4"), So I think I could get by with adding another half inch and still have a tiny bit of clearance using my drop base air cleaner with a 3" element.
This is with an 80 Cutlass.

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
My EPS performer intake has a carb pad height of 4.27" (4 1/4"), The performer air gap has a height of 4.32"(4 5/16") and the RPM air gap has a height of 4.72"(4 3/4"), So I think I could get by with adding another half inch and still have a tiny bit of clearance using my drop base air cleaner with a 3" element.
This is with an 80 Cutlass.

cool thanks for the reply and others who did also

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor