kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
kingcolbert83 said:
RITTER said:
I would be interested in seeing a GBody with a BMW rim on it :|

http://www.audiocityusa.com/gallery/bmw.html

These are some of the bmw rims that are put on g bodies. These are the higher end rims though. The ones I plan on getting are only 1150. The ones pictured run from 3g's and up.
funny my buddy just gave me that site on fb..

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I was wanting to see pictures of GBody's with the rims installed on them

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
these are BMW wheels my brother purchased a few years ago. Right now they are being used on a buddy's 69 Cutlass.
62439_10150264950435720_699570719_14854880_7685255_n.jpg

they are 17x8.5 front, and 17x9.5 rear
bolt pattern is 5x120 as opposed to 120.7 on our cars. But they still bolt on...
I don't know enough to get into the mechanics of the fit, but I have noticed the lugs end up getting loose over time.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
kingcolbert83 said:
RITTER said:
I would be interested in seeing a GBody with a BMW rim on it :|

http://www.audiocityusa.com/gallery/bmw.html

These are some of the bmw rims that are put on g bodies. These are the higher end rims though. The ones I plan on getting are only 1150. The ones pictured run from 3g's and up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOKjcoOaqLM
The ones on the pics & the ones in the video are Forgiato aftermarket 3-piece wheels. Those do not come on BMW's from the factory.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
call me crazy, i think a nice set of 15's of almost any wheel with some nice meaty tires with raised white letters is THE best looking wheel for any older american RWD car .... then again people say my tastes are a bit dated but i think its the bees knees

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
kingcolbert83 said:
Yes they will fit. BMW wheels are the alternative to getting high ashanti or similar brand rims because they come in staggered fitments. The bolt pattern is different by .7. BMW being 5x120 and g body being 5x120.7. Depending on what rims you get you may need spacers. I would get the hub centric spacers and upgrade my studs just to be safe. Depending on what spacers you run you may also need the longer studs but I am sure some of the aftermarket wheels guy know the maximum before you have to get longer studs.

Most guys are running the 22x9 and 22x10.5 setups of bmws on the g bodies. This is the setup I will be going with on my regal and they are bmw rims so a 16" shouldnt be too much trouble.

the wheel will slide on but you'll be stressing the studs due to the smaller bolt pattern of the BMW wheel. With all the great looking wheels out there I don't see why you'd want to run a wheel that does not properly fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor