Wilson Intake Elbow Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Elbow?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I can tell you a Victor Jr type intake will fit... But it highly depends on what kind of carb you are using.

I am using a Holley Double Pumper, but with a shaved choke horn. And to use a 14" dia. aircleaner, I have had to use a 1.5" drop base, instead of the usual 1.25",
with a 3" tall filter.

That I had to do a little shaving of the hood framing with a die-cutter, but only around ontop of the airleaner

Also, I am NOT using any carb spacers or adaptor plates... just bare carb mounted to intake with thin gasket.

here's a pic
6.jpg

it's tight... but you can make it work...

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
whoooooops...
sorry, now I understand what you're asking...

do you know how tall the elbow is?

with the setup I have, I measured only 1.5" of space above the carb surface and the hood... So if the eblow is anymore than 1.5" tall, it won't work....

Most intake elbows come in 4" or 3.5" hights, but you can buy low-profile ones like this
spectre_x.jpg

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
you're running EFI?
cool stuff!

shortydoowop138

Greasemonkey
Feb 15, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
Kwikr 1 said:
khan0165 said:
you're running EFI?
cool stuff!

It will be . I'm in the middle of building a Twin Turbo SBC . That picture posted was just something I downloaded to give you a better idea what I was taking about . :)

What type of car do you plan on shoe~horning that into? I have an '84 Buick Type-T that I'd like to put a 4.3 out of a Typhoon/Syclone into. Post pix/updates of your progress.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
ive always seen them intakes but i never new where to find one at and how they worked... are they expensive and are they good for driveability or just drag racing or what.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
yea i know what thses are i have a type of one on my car
spectre_x.jpg

but i dont know what this is really
file.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor