Window / Door Trim Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And don't worry so much about the window adjustments for now. Once you put in new weatherstripping after painting, you'll likely be asking about the upper stop locations and adjusting the windows again to seat them properly on the new weatherstripping. Trust us on that. Nobody ever replaces window weatherstripping without having to readjust the windows. Unless you're lazy and don't want to seal your windows right.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Mike231

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2020
Maryland
See arrow. Just note bolt's original position in the slot, remove bolt, listen to it fall, then reach in and pick up the window stop now laying in the bottom of the door. :) Lower window another 1/2" or so and you're good. Raise window and put stop back in where you first found it. Viola!

View attachment 163801
THANKS. This fourm is Awesome! Great info. I'd still be struggling with the trim. Headed to the painter tomorrow and this is the last piece to remove.

Mike231

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2020
Maryland
And don't worry so much about the window adjustments for now. Once you put in new weatherstripping after painting, you'll likely be asking about the upper stop locations and adjusting the windows again to seat them properly on the new weatherstripping. Trust us on that. Nobody ever replaces window weatherstripping without having to readjust the windows. Unless you're lazy and don't want to seal your windows right.
I'll probably be asking about that next. I don't like wind noise or rattle.

Mike231

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2020
Maryland
Thanks to all the posts I got all the trim removed and the T into the paint booth. Great info sped it up. Didn't know about the window stops for example. Things are going well and I'll get it back in early January. I'll post pictures then.

Reactions: 1 users

Mike231

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2020
Maryland
Got the T back from paint. Posted pics on another thread. Haven't been able to do much since. Cold and then snow. I have a bug and Ghia in the garage so can't get the T in there. Bug on stands being reworked - new front beam and brak
IMG_20210124_141559219_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210112_160951799.jpg
es. I'll swap them soon. Here are some pics.
IMG_20210112_160938666.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor