Window sticker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
Interesting stuff! I always wondered about where the Malibu was sold. Thanks for the details. I bought it in Grimsby, Ontario in 1994 about 30 miles from Niagara Falls. I had been looking for a loaded coupe and they were getting scarce in Canada. After I bought it the guy says "Oh, I have a folder of documentation. Do you want it? Sure!" It had lived in Buffalo for awhile. Lots of receipts. It had a 400 sbc 2bbl, thm 350. when I bought it. It had been Zeibarted and was really solid. The LT1 install is on hold until I get some other projects back in service. Just changing the rear axle in my Impala SS this week.. The 400 was a gas hog. Now gas is cheap wouldn't you know. LOl

The road test was from 1978 Hot Rod Magazine. You could get a 350 in an ElCamino but not in a regular Malibu here in 1978. I was in school during the muscle car era and the El Camino was my first new car. My 56 Ford had a 428 CJ and my Cougar was a factory 427 car, so I needed something simpler for my wife to drive. I'm surprised it was that quick in the road test. My 79 Z28 was automatic and with positrac. The same engine as the ElCamino. The Z was unable to do a burnout. Wouldn't spin the tires.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor