Window sticker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
Not sure if you found what you wanted. This isn't exactly it but gives you the idea. My father-in-law was a GM engine plant manager in Canada. He could order one new car a year as a plant car for him to drive with his specification. i talked him into ordering an 78 ElCamino as below. I think it is the only ElCamino they ever had. He drove it for 3000 miles and then, as an employee, I bought it as a miled-out company vehicle, to go on my honeymoon. My new wife needed something normal to drive.

1 ElCamino.jpg

I sold the ElCamino in 1979 to buy a Z28, and later bought a Malibu coupe in 1994. It came with this similar format window sheet. I still have the Malibu.
3 78 Malibu.jpg

Pete

Paul

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2017
Pete, thanks so much for the response. I am trying to get any copies of canadian window stickers in order to reproduce them. Seems they are vert tough to come by. Even thought not a window sticker I thInk this will still help and thanks so much :) also, do you have the page 2 for the El Camino, I see one of the bottom lines says: continued on pg 2? Thanks again !!!!!

Last edited:

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
I found some more info. In 1977 I was working in the Engine plant as a QC supervisor for cam/rod/piston/ and crank. The plant standard volume was 2050 305's and 350's a day. Early in 1978 I moved to a day job in a central engineering group looking after utilities, near the office where the person looked after purchasing all of the pool cars. I remember when we got a fax machine in the office so copiers were not as refined then.
1978 ElCamino 1.jpg

1978 ElCamino 2.jpg

1978 Malibu.jpg

1978 Malibu 2 .jpg

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
In 1980 I bought a Buick Century for my dad.

1980 Buick.jpg

In 1982 the twins came along and I needed a 4 door and bought an Iraqi taxi. It was so ugly that I painted it black before I put it on the road.
2 81 Malibu.jpg

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
1981 Malibu.jpg

fsc66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2019
Wow, I have been looking for origin al Canadian window stickers to no avail. This last post looks like a window sticker or perhaps a carbon of one without the header information. Strange that is has the option RPO's but no descriptions.
Do you have these entire docs or do yours have sections missing lime some of these? Love to have a full copy of each, if you don't mind. My e-mail is [email protected]

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
I couldn't find the original Cullen Invoice although it is probably here somewhere. I don't throw much out. This car was built for export and by the reference to Dartmouth it was probably one of the ones that sat for a year on the dock in Nova Scotia. There was 12,000 in the lot and maybe they didn't get window stickers.

Cullens adds.JPG

If I had gotten window stickers back then I would have kept them. The Z28 was a direct order and purchase and I have nothing. Maybe they didn't have window stickers in Canada then. I have one for my '96 Impala SS. I recall the printouts like the one for the '80 Century in the glove box.

I retired last year and in the winter I have been cleaning out my basement. Hot Rod, Car Craft, Rod & Custom, Motor Trend, popular Hot Rodding magazines back to 1962. Basement was kind of musty. Before recycling I look through them and keep any G body road tests or anything of interest. Is it legal to post road tests from the '70's and 80's in regards to copyright laws?
I have a few brochures too.

Brochures.jpg

'78 El Camino Road Test Part1.JPG

'78 El Camino Road Test Part 2.JPG

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting....

As a side note, it really has nothing to do with the car itself or the window sticker, but I probably drove right by that Malibu parked at Daley Chevrolet in Gillespie (it's on the main drag- which isn't saying much for that Podunk town) the whole time it sat in the lot if it did at all. At that time I was dating a girl from Gillespie and frequented that town OFTEN during the early part of 1978. I lived a short drive away from there, had to go by Daley Chevrolet every single trip to see her. Probably passed by it several times with my 69 442 as I drove on by...and maybe even splashed snow slush on it... :) Who'd have thunk it?

You wanna throwback pic of the dealership from several years ago (not quite 1978) of where the Malibu was sold new?

Daley Chevrolet Gillespie Days of Old.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor