Window Stuff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
Ok boys. So my 85 Monte is going into the shop this coming Monday to get the motor and trans hooked up and to get the car road worthy finally.

Here is my question(s):

Both my door windows rattle and dont sit flush at top. When the window is rolled up all the way you can see there is a gap between the top of the window and the car. Plus, the windows move back and forth easily. You touch the window and it moves towards the outside and you can push the window into the car some from the outside.

What parts would I need to order to get this situation corrected? Even the little lip that sits at the edge of the window at the top of the door panel is rotted. Looks like entire weatherstripping needs to be replaced but when I look stuff up, they talk about window guides and all this other stuff. I do not know squat when it comes to the interior and window stuff. I am sure everything would need to be replaced. Do you guys know which parts I should order and bring it to a window guy? I dont want them to sit there and try and order all these parts and get the wrong stuff. So I rather order from a Monte place online and just bring them to the guy so he can get the car in and out with all the parts that are supposed to be used for this car. Instead of interchanging models and cars with mine. I am trying to do this project RIGHT and not haphazardly.

Thanks in advance boys

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Well the rotted seals are called " window sweeps" and you can get those everywhere...i got mine at bowiteparts.com. You could probably install those yourself if you wanted to. As far as the shaky window and it not sealing up right, i had the same problem with my cutlass, it was the window regulator. Take it to a respectable window guy and he should be able to set you up. Also, if you are gettin new roof rail seals ( the ones that the window seals up into ) i would highly reccomend trying to find somewhere that sells factory ones, mabye even call a GM dealership. Im sure they will be way more expensive than aftermaret ones, but it will be worth it. I went through all this myself a few months ago and went first with soffseal and then steelrubber aftermarket seals, and they both leak both air and water. Really pissed me off :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor