Windshield/dash rattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmotorhead05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2008
Dallas, TX
my 84 regal has had a rattle in the dash for as long as i can remember
im not sure if its the windshield or not. its a combined squeak and rattle.
Is anybody else experiencing this in their car. any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Danny

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Pop your hood at the back center on the firewall is a little black round hard rubber support that the center back edge of your hood sits on when closed. Turn it down a turn or two and I'll bet your noise goes away.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If that does not work, you may wish to tighten all of the dash bolts and screws as they tend to work themselves loose over time.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it probably is the rubber support. I was ready to rear my dash apart looking for the source of the noise till someone on here told me to lube the top of the rubber support and that cured it. The rubber for some strange reason seems to dry out after a couple of decades... 8)

mrmotorhead05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2008
Dallas, TX
turning down that bump stop worked, i was doubtful but now im a believer
thanks guys

its so nice that that noise is gone............lol
my old man will never guess what i did to make it stop

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I pulled mine out in 1993 for the same reason. It drove me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor