Windshield Molding Clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
A lot of these trim clips interchange between different platforms/generations/models.
I just bought a set of moulding clips for my 80 Malibu. They came from Amazon. I haven’t tried them as I’m still polishing the moulding.

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Metal clip is for the 68-72 A. Plastic for the G Body.

WSM Clip 1.jpg

Angled slot is same and the length to the top is very close. (Plastic one is a little low so you can see the clip below.

WSM Clip 2.jpg

Pic showing the tab that grabs the molding,

WSM Clip 3.jpg

Just did this on the 79 and some of the pins were much shorter than the others the metal clips were easier to get on.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Metal clip is for the 68-72 A. Plastic for the G Body.

View attachment 202086

Angled slot is same and the length to the top is very close. (Plastic one is a little low so you can see the clip below.

View attachment 202088

Pic showing the tab that grabs the molding,

View attachment 202092

Just did this on the 79 and some of the pins were much shorter than the others the metal clips were easier to get on.
Gotta say, theres no way those metal clips would have worked on my car. I had to trim the lower part of the clips. Some more than others. The channel was clean. No sealer to get in the way. To be honest I was surprised that they needed to be modified.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Wondering if you needed GM 20169887 same as the Auveco 12135.

From what I can tell the 20169887 is 11/16" tall and the 9731301 is 3/4" tall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor