Windshield Trim Seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I pulled a set of those off a Caprice in my local yard. They were in a little better shape than mine but not perfect so I wound up tossing them. Are they the same ones for the 1/4 windows ? Its been so long I dont remember if theyre on all 4 sides.
I know what you mean about popping the clips. My 1/4 glass trim is body color. Im a little nervous about trying to get that off without damaging the paint.
Mich,
The B-body plastic strips are actually a little wider than the original pieces. At least I think they are. Mine were so badly deteriorated.
They work great on the windshield trim due to them being wider than the original G-body strips. It's too bad that you can't get them in lengths rather than having to buy a kit specifically for the windshield trim.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The guy that installed my windshield had a roll of it on his truck, You might be able to get some from a local auto glass shop.
Paul, when I mentioned that to my local glass shop, he thought I had two heads. If I can find someone that sells it in lengths, I could use some fresh stuff to redo some of my trim pieces.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Paul, when I mentioned that to my local glass shop, he thought I had two heads. If I can find someone that sells it in lengths, I could use some fresh stuff to redo some of my trim pieces.

Just called Dixie. They buy it in 3 piece kits just like they sell it. They have no way of buying it in rolls or long lengths but someone must sell it. Just have to spent some time online looking I guess.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just called Dixie. They buy it in 3 piece kits just like they sell it. They have no way of buying it in rolls or long lengths but someone must sell it. Just have to spent some time online looking I guess.
Thanks Mich,
I don't know if Rob will divulge that information. Thanks for your initial suggestion about contacting him. Like in Paul's case, someone has to have in bulk somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As far as removal of the trim I use nylon pry tools to pop them off.
I have a set like this that works well.

1567620251564.png

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks Mich,
I don't know if Rob will divulge that information. Thanks for your initial suggestion about contacting him. Like in Paul's case, someone has to have in bulk somewhere.

Youre probably right about that Jack. I spoke to someone else there but I doubt if anyone would give up their top secret source. LOL
Im sure some time searching will give us an answer.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I have the same pry tools from HF. Those things have paid for themselves numerous times already!
Thanks Scott.
Yeah, it's one of those things on the list of must haves. I could've used one of them when I was removing the drip rail mouldings, and they would certainly come in handy to remove the door panels without destroying the clips....or the panels themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor