windshield washer pump problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lylega

n00b
Jul 16, 2006
Missouri
I have an '83 Monte. The washer pump works but pumps the whole time the wipers are on. It just runs all my fluid out. Do I need to replace the pump or the circuit board on the wiper motor? :?:

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Not really sure but I would say the pump is OK since it's pumping so it must be what controls it.

I was hoping someone who had experienced the same problem would have answered but I didn't want you to feel ignored. BTW, welcome to the forum!

I would start by checking the wiring. Make sure the connections are tight and the ground is clean. I guess the possibilities are either the pump, board, switch, or wiring.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would think that since the pump is working and since the problem is that the pump works continously when you turn the wipers on then the problem is most likely in the circuit board. When you take the wiper motor out you can remove it without removing the lower mounting bolt. You can remove the two bolts that are easy to get to and slide the unit out of the rubber cushion that the mounting bracket sits in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor