Windshields

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
windshields are not that expensive and it's time consuming and hard to get them off the donor car without breaking them...just saying

bigedchevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 1, 2010
Well I would tend to agree with you but we have a upull junkyard and there is a cutlass there with a good windshield and if I could get it out without breaking it, it would be a score but if it breaks no big deal.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
at the junkyard they should have the program which tells them what's interchangeable between cars...and if it's not costing you anything to remove it if it breaks then I'd go for it too.....take a look online for some tips to taking out the window

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
just to follow up on the thought a couple of posts ago.... go with a new windshield. I had a glass shop come to my house and install a new one for $100 total a couple of years ago. For that price, it's worth not having to fool with it.

bigedchevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 1, 2010
For 100 bux I would do it but it will be over 200 for safelite I am still looking into it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor