Wiper motor relocation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex41

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2013
Hendersonville TN
I've searched high and low trying to find anyone who has done a wiper motor relocation to help clean up the G body fire wall with no luck. I'm in the middle of removing a ton of rot and rust from my 78's firewall that forced me to remove the spot welds on my wiper cowl, and motor bracket. What I would like to do is move the metal near the brake booster up and mount it from the inside. If anyone has done this or has any suggestions on a simple motor, post them up please. Thanks. Alex.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Interesting concept- I think you may need to try something from a different car, though. The transmission assembly is designed for where the motor is mounted. Changing that kicks the snowball down the hill.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
There is no room inside where it would need to be mounted due to harnesses, instrument cluster and air ducts. If you could, then you have to figure out the geometry of arms to get the wiper sweep correct. Some things are best if left alone where GM mounted it.

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
the only way I can think of is it would have to be vacuum system not a motor like the 1950 fords but it would sure need some good engineering way above my pay grade good luck on the project

• Wow

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I've searched high and low trying to find anyone who has done a wiper motor relocation to help clean up the G body fire wall with no luck. I'm in the middle of removing a ton of rot and rust from my 78's firewall that forced me to remove the spot welds on my wiper cowl, and motor bracket. What I would like to do is move the metal near the brake booster up and mount it from the inside. If anyone has done this or has any suggestions on a simple motor, post them up please. Thanks. Alex.
You may already know about it but the Turbo Buick guys run covers to hide the wiper motor on their GN or T-type. Several versions out there. Check Kirban's or do a Google search. Just one example....
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=202973727639

Reactions: 1 user

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I'm interested in that cover, will it fit a monte carlo? Does anyone have one? The picture is not that good

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm interested in that cover, will it fit a monte carlo? Does anyone have one? The picture is not that good
I would think they would fit any G body. Look around online. There are several different ones available out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor