MONTE CARLO Wiper Motor wiring issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motor City Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2015
Ok folks, I haven't been on the site for a while but find myself needing some help.
I installed a after market steering colum on my 85 SS Monte. The problem I have is the five
wire plug under the dash has no where to plug into the colum. Tried hooking up a toggle
switch with three prongs but can't figure out what color wires go where. Just need on off hookup
no washer fluid or intermiten speed needed. Any help would really help. Thanks

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Ok folks, I haven't been on the site for a while but find myself needing some help.
I installed a after market steering colum on my 85 SS Monte. The problem I have is the five
wire plug under the dash has no where to plug into the colum. Tried hooking up a toggle
switch with three prongs but can't figure out what color wires go where. Just need on off hookup
no washer fluid or intermiten speed needed. Any help would really help. Thanks

Do you want hi or low wipers? Both?

This is where one needs the lawyer BS, if you smoke your wiper motor the crazy person on the internet trying to help will not be held liable bla bla.

The five pin connector has purple, pink, grey, green and black wires?

Edited to add diagram.

Attachments

• 85 g wipers.jpg
    85 g wipers.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Motor City Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2015
Do you want hi or low wipers? Both?

This is where one needs the lawyer BS, if you smoke your wiper motor the crazy person on the internet trying to help will not be held liable bla bla.

The five pin connector has purple, pink, grey, green and black wires?

Edited to add diagram.
I just need hi or low ,dosent really matter. Got caught in the rain at the woodward cruise and didn't have any wipers at all.
the plug coming from under the dash has 5 wires. left to right as follows,pink,purple,green gray ,and white. With the white and purple hooked up to the toggle switch the motor comes on but does not make a full revolution. It acts like its slipping gears or something . This is a new motor. Replaced the old one because that's what it did when I tried the toggle switch set up. Thought it was a bad motor ,but now I don't know. Just think I have it wired wrong. Just need to figure out what color wire goes where on 3 prong toggle.

Motor City Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2015
I just need hi or low ,dosent really matter. Got caught in the rain at the woodward cruise and didn't have any wipers at all.
the plug coming from under the dash has 5 wires. left to right as follows,pink,purple,green gray ,and white. With the white and purple hooked up to the toggle switch the motor comes on but does not make a full revolution. It acts like its slipping gears or something . This is a new motor. Replaced the old one because that's what it did when I tried the toggle switch set up. Thought it was a bad motor ,but now I don't know. Just think I have it wired wrong. Just need to figure out what color wire goes where on 3 prong toggle.
20210709_125138.jpg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
High is the easiest.

For starters take the purple and green wires together and ground them and see what happens.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Pretty sure the motor does not turn 360 degrees. more like less that 180 degrees back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor