MALIBU Wipers

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hi. I see wipers everywhere from opi to autozone. I’m getting over replacements so often!!
What are the best. I have that nasty blur
Again. enough is enough!

Yes I clean my windows and yes the blades. I believe 14$ is not the right angle
79 Malibu Thanks Dez

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
I see some at lowes in there little auto section were reasonable priced .thing about wipers is some on them are softer and they seem in my case to get diesel film or something stuck to them whereby I guess they need cleaned with a solvent or degreased' or some successive process",there almost new, there not cheap:,but ther c o n t a m i n ated...needs be cleaned ! In my case.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Costco has a sale on Michelin brand right now, and, are a good quality (doesn't work if you're trying to run trico arms and just want to replace the inserts).

I prep the windshield with rain x we'll, then put the Michelin on, and they do great.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I always buy the cheap ones, because they're all junk in 6 months anyway...ESPECIALLY if the car is in an urban area a lot

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
I see some at lowes in there little auto section were reasonable priced .thing about wipers is some on them are softer and they seem in my case to get diesel film or something stuck to them whereby I guess they need cleaned with a solvent or degreased' or some successive process",there almost new, there not cheap:,but ther c o n t a m i n ated...needs be cleaned ! In my case.
Thanks man. I will check ‘em out great advice. Dez

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I use the RainX blades that look like the old style on our cars on my '79 Malibu. They fit well and are cheap enough. Walmart.

Nov 4, 2012
Bosch Icons are hands down the best, but they are pricey. The Trico Onyx/Ultra (same wiper, depends on where you buy it) seems to be just as good for a little bit less money.

If you insist on a conventional style blade, the Michelins from Walmart are decent.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
unless you like paying $$$$ for junk, don't buy RainX. I've used them and they just don't last compared to Trico or Bosch. hell, I'd install Carquest wipers before installing RainX. not only are they cheaper but work better and last longer.
I've also heard good things about the Michelin silicone blades but have no experience with them

working in an auto-parts store gives me some perspective on this

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
unless you like paying $$$$ for junk, don't buy RainX. I've used them and they just don't last compared to Trico or Bosch. hell, I'd install Carquest wipers before installing RainX. not only are they cheaper but work better and last longer.
I've also heard good things about the Michelin silicone blades but have no experience with them

working in an auto-parts store gives me some perspective on this
I use RainX wipers on all my vehicles and have for years. I've always had great success with them. I must be one of the lucky ones. They work well for me and I'll continue to use them.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor