Wireing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
Battery:
My (Negative) wire is to the fender and the head.

Postive Terminal has 3 wires 1.Starter wire (thicker one) 2. Just a bare wire small 3. small wire with round eyehole (like starter wire).

Alternator:

i have 3 red wires that come from driver side, i ran them to the back of the alternator i belive thats where they should go since the have the eyehole and they are all hooked together.

Mini Starter:
My starter has 2 studs and one male prong.

1. one stud already has a black wire that goes back to the starter.
2.just a stud and nut,i think thats where the main power would connect.
3. just a male prong.

Coil:
MSD coil blaster 2 it has a left and right nut and stud which i hooked up my billet ready to run distributor with the provided wireing harness. Only wire not hooked up is my ignition which i do not know which that one would be or color.

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 678

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
if anyone could provide a diagram simplified like the distributor or personal pictures i would appreciate the help.

Jun 2, 2014
Re: need help wiring a set of after market angel eys head li

hi new to this site I need help on hooking up headlights for my 84 cutlass supreme I bought all four but they came with two wiring conntors the company told me to use the ones with the 3 prong wiring would work my question is how do I hook up the light connectors they sent me to the 2 prong connectors on my wiring harness 8)

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
MrRabbit24 said:
Battery:
My (Negative) wire is to the fender and the head.

Postive Terminal has 3 wires 1.Starter wire (thicker one) 2. Just a bare wire small 3. small wire with round eyehole (like starter wire).

Alternator:

i have 3 red wires that come from driver side, i ran them to the back of the alternator i belive thats where they should go since the have the eyehole and they are all hooked together.

Mini Starter:
My starter has 2 studs and one male prong.

1. one stud already has a black wire that goes back to the starter.
2.just a stud and nut,i think thats where the main power would connect.
3. just a male prong.

Coil:
MSD coil blaster 2 it has a left and right nut and stud which i hooked up my billet ready to run distributor with the provided wireing harness. Only wire not hooked up is my ignition which i do not know which that one would be or color.

The positive battery cable:
the little wire goes to the back of the alternator (stud)
the cable goes to the big stud on the starter, marked "B"

The three red wires:
Should be fusable links and are all connected to the big stud, "B" terminal on the starter. They should be all together in a metal sleeve that is bolted to the engine to keep the wires off the back of the passenger exhaust manifold.

There should be a .... purple I think?... wire in your harness that connects to the starter "S" terminal stud (the smaller one). This is power from the key switch to the solenoid to make the starter work.
IF there is an "R" terminal on the starter it is not used. It was used a long time ago before HEI for coil power when cranking... points and condenser.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
From what I can see in the MSD diagram, you are looking for a hot in crank and run power source to the positive terminal of the primary windings of the coil.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
i just want to make sur ei did this right

Attachments

• IMAG1391.jpg
    IMAG1391.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 420
  • IMAG1392.jpg
    IMAG1392.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 420
  • IMAG1381.jpg
    IMAG1381.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMAG1382.jpg
    IMAG1382.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 410
  • IMAG1388.jpg
    IMAG1388.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 413
Jun 2, 2014
Re: need help wiring a set of after market angel eys head li

loco supreme said:
hi new to this site I need help on hooking up headlights for my 84 cutlass supreme I bought all four but they came with two wiring conntors the company told me to use the ones with the 3 prong wiring would work my question is how do I hook up the light connectors they sent me to the 2 prong connectors on my wiring harness 8)
never mind I know how to wire it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor