Wiring blower motor to rotary switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
This winter I wanna put a non AC box in with a blower motor and heater core for the sole purpose of defrost in the early mornings and late nights I drive the car during the spring-fall. I don't wanna source all the factory stuff like the controls, duct work, etc... Keep in mind my car currently has NONE of the HVAC system in it.

My idea might sound dumb but I have to ask anyway. Im thinking of putting the blower motor in, only running the duct work to the windshield and hooking the motor up on a 3 or 4 way rotary switch. I would utilize the factory blower resistor if possible but control the motor with a rotary switch mounted on the dash out of the way.

What issues would I run into?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
my Grand Cherokee has a rotary switch for the fan...if you use that with the resistor you shouldn't have any issues...

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
my Grand Cherokee has a rotary switch for the fan...if you use that with the resistor you shouldn't have any issues...
Okay thanks for the input. I just gotta figure out what wires go where and what switch I'll need. The factory blower motor is a 3 speed correct? Believe it I have never had a Gbody with a functioning blower motor!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Okay thanks for the input. I just gotta figure out what wires go where and what switch I'll need. The factory blower motor is a 3 speed correct? Believe it I have never had a Gbody with a functioning blower motor!

the factory switch is actually 4 speed because even in off it still blows to give the cab positive ventilation, the motor speed is variable

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
the factory switch is 3 speed but the motor speed is variable
Okay thanks.

One last question....would this same theory work with the wipers?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Okay thanks.

One last question....would this same theory work with the wipers?

I didn't change my post fast enough...:D

for the wipers I am not sure, the blower motor has 1 ground and 1 power wire while the wiper motor has a few wires and the circuit board

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I didn't change my post fast enough...:D

for the wipers I am not sure, the blower motor has 1 ground and 1 power wire while the wiper motor has a few wires and the circuit board
Okay thanks again. I owe you a cyber beer

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you want a remote switch for the blower fan a slot car controller will work.....:D

kofm366-25.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor